Sunday, September 9, 2012

Wrong Number?

So, I've made it a goal in life to never give up a good wrong-number text conversation. If you're not sure what I mean, reference this blog post... Eli is pretty inspirational with his command of wrong-number text conversation. Anyway, here was my attempt:

Me (thinking this was my friend, Ashley): Hey what are you up to tonight?:)

"Ashley": Not much who are you?

Me: Anna!:)

"Ashley": Anna who?

Me: B. (obviously I spelled out my last name... but to avoid stalkers, I will stick with "B" on my blog. But those of you who know my last name know that it's pretty unique and this person can now easily Facebook stalk me. Don't worry, though, my settings are super private... I think)

"Ashley": Do I know you?

Me: Anna B... from Provo... maybe this is the wrong number. Is this Ashley?

Mystery Person: This is the wrong number.

Me: Sorry!

Mystery Person: Are you hott? (We can now assume this person is Mystery Boy...)

Mystery Boy: How old are you?

Me: Super hot

(Keep in mind that at this point, I get a random call from an 801 number: "Hello." "Who is this?" "Anna." "Anna Who?" "Anna B." ...and they hang up.)

Mystery Boy: How old are you?

Me: 54

Me: That too old?

Mystery Boy: Nope its perfect :) you didnt sound 54 though

Me: I know... I sound and look young for my age. How old are you?

Mystery Boy: Im 55

Me: Oh nice. What do you like to do for fun?

Mystery Boy: I like to watch byu football and go camping (Come on, seriously? Get a little creative...)

Me: I like to play with my 10 cats and knit.

Mystery Boy: I love cats. Did you go to byu?

Me: Yes I did go to BYU back in the day. I was quite a looker back then... I must say. I lived in Helaman Halls and was a Cougarette. Did you go to the Y?

Mystery Boy: (at this point... the guilt must have set in...) I am right now I'm 22 i just got back from a mission from washington state.

Me: What??!! You mean you have been making all this up??? ;)

...no response...

Dang it... I probably just blew it with my soul mate, huh?

3 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I totally want you to call him back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn: not bad at all. I want her to too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. For the record, at your guys's request, I did reply again... but he did not. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete