Monday, September 17, 2012

Runnin' Runnin' and Runnin' Runnin'


Okay, so I might actually start writing on my blog again! This is pretty exciting. My life has been a bit crazy lately, and to help curb some of the stress, I've started running again.

I've realized why I love running. A lot of the time (and yes, this is something I'm working on), I find that I beat myself up... I get mad at myself for eating that brownie, or for leaving my room a little too messy, or for slacking on exercise.

BUT when I run, I transform. I suddenly become this awesome coach/friend/motivational speaker. When I start feeling the burn, I hear myself saying, "It's okay, you can get through this." When I feel like I can't go any further, I tell myself, "Okay, just make it to the next stoplight." Then when I make it to the next stoplight, I hear myself saying, "It's just two more miles. You can do two miles easy." And when I finish, it's like I'm handing myself a gold medal and hoisting myself up on my own shoulders... I couldn't be more proud.

You should try it.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. It's been a few years since I've run consistently. I totally miss being the coach/mentor to myself on those runs.

    ReplyDelete