Sunday, January 1, 2012

OneofthosesappyendoftheyearpoststhatIsupposeisnecessary

Did anyone wake up today and think "HOLY CRAP it's 2012 already???!!!!

Yeah, I didn't, but it did dawn on me after my usual morning drowsiness wore off.

Seriously this last year has FLOWN by... so I guess I need to, for my own sake, go through some of its highlights:

Getting a full-time JOB. Whoa. Seriously? I've been a legit grown up for a full year now? Someone send me to Never Never Land before it gets too out of hand...


Getting my braces off: One word--finally.


Getting a Lagoon season pass. Pretty sure if I keep doing this I'll never really grow up. Wherever I was there was usually a good 5-year age gap within a 50-foot radius. It was super fun... but I'm pretty sure I'm doing Seven Peaks this year. Gotta work on that killer tan (aka see how many more freckles I can get...).

Traveling: Vegas, Idaho, Arizona, Idaho, California, Idaho... well, I could work on this one a bit...

Met Jimmer: Okay, 2011 was definitely filled with a lot of Jimmer obsession. A big highlight was getting to go to the end-of-the-season basketball banquet, and meet Jimmer. It was... yeah. Amazing.


Zumba Instructor: After many years as a dedicated Zumba STUDENT, I have now become the instructor. I was already in love with/addicted to Zumba... and if it were possible... I am now even more so. 2012 is going to be a BIG Zumba year.


Back Injury Recovery: I had my first real injury in a while... but luckily I was able to recover quite quickly. Some people told me I might never dance again... but luckily I had already dedicated my life to dance and was able to come back.

Dedicated my life to dance: This really deserves its own section. After discovering Zumba, Just Dance 2 & 3, and Michael Jackson the Experience, I discovered my true calling in life. Dance. I even got to perform Thriller at our office talent show. It rocked.


Justin Bieber: This year has been full of JB. I saw Never Say Never in theaters (even got a few people to watch it who later became beliebers), became an official JB follower on Twitter (I may or may not have created a Twitter account for that purpose. Well, I also wanted to follow Jimmer...), requested his songs at every chance possible (unashamedly), and even dressed up as him for Halloween.




Emily's wedding: We were able to have a special reunion as the first of my closest friends from high school got married this year. It was a beautiful ceremony, and so awesome to reconnect with my BFFs.



11/11/11: Classiest/most epic party I have ever thrown. Anyone up for 12/12/12?
















Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment