Monday, January 7, 2013

Sometimes the only way to create something new is to go all the way back to the beginning

So, yeah, it's 1:00 am in the morning, and here's what I'm thinking:

I'm not really big on New Year's resolutions... not that I don't think they're great. They're great. I'm just always making resolutions for myself, so there's nothing super special about making them at the beginning of the year as opposed to any other time.

However, there is something about looking forward and realizing that you have a whole year ahead of you, and that this year could be dramatically different than the last. And sure, there are lots of factors that could affect the next year... but it's pretty cool to think that you are ultimately the one who can make it different.

So, I have a lot of things that I want to do differently this year. But I mostly want to write about one, because I want to make a public statement about it - forcing myself to be more accountable.

I am going to get healthy. I've gone through periods in my life where I'm really focusing on eating healthy, exercising, etc., and it just makes me happy. I know it's cliche. I know it's nothing new. But I am going to rededicate myself, and I'm going to blog about it. And then I'm going to pretend that a bunch of people are reading about my success and being motivated by me, so that it will keep me going (whether or not that's actually true doesn't really matter).

So, when you see me, get ready to see a happier, healthier me. Because this year is going to be different. It doesn't matter how many times I've failed in the past - because I'm starting fresh. [Insert cheesy motivational closing line here]

P.S. I'm going to be looking real hot, so keep yourselves under control.

3 comments:

  1. Yay me too! This year's going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Anna, Go Anna! (complete with circular arm fist thing)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be looking to you for motivation! Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete