Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I need a new camera to photograph my cooking endeavors


So I kind of experimented with a few recipes today to make White Chocolate Cranberry Walnut Whole Wheat Yogurt Cookies. I know... they sound amazing, right? They are. Maybe I should come up with a new name for the recipe.

Like amazingness.

Or yum yum yum yum yum.


White Chocolate Cranberry Whole Wheat Yogurt Cookies
(aka amazingness aka yum yum yum yum)

  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup Craisins
  • 1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

  • Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the brown sugar, white sugar, butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Stir in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until incorporated, then mix in white chocolate chips, Craisins, and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges begin to brown. Cool for a minute on the cookie sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

You can add as few or as many white chocolate chips/walnuts/Craisins as you would like. I went for more because for me, more is better.

EnJOY!

I think they're somewhat healthy...

P.S. I took the picture with my camera phone. Imagine how good they would look with a REAL camera.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, you made me crack up again. (This is embarassing, because now everyone knows I read blogs almost daily...)

    But this:

    White Chocolate Cranberry Whole Wheat Yogurt Cookies

    Lol. I mean, it sounds really good, but I just didn't expect the list to continue past "White Chocolate".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. That was my personal favorite part about the blog also. I kind of had an obsession with long titles for this post. They're just funny.

    Plus, how could I leave out any of those ingredients? Each was essential to my masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete