Thursday, August 11, 2011

Some thoughts

I love my food blog. It's so funny... every time I write a new post, I seriously read it... and reread it... and reread it... and stare at it... and stare at it some more. It sounds awfully narcissistic, but I suppose it's just like having a child. I bet some mothers just sit and stare at their children, amazed at what they've created. That's the beauty of creation.

Also... so I've been in an editor-type position for more than 6 months now. Something I've noticed is that it's one of those jobs where people don't notice when you do it right. It's sad. However, you do it wrong... and BAM! You are a crappy editor. Life is rough, I suppose.

But I still love it.

And if you find a spelling/punctuation/whatever error in my blog... just know I'm human too. And I speak real good (it's a joke people, A JOKE).

Last, but not least, I don't think I fit the normal stereotype of "editor." While I do cringe at the sight of a misplaced apostrophe, I will not correct anyone's speech. I think it is rude and unnecessary. I stand by the idea that if everyone spoke properly, the world would be kind of a boring place.

Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment