Sunday, February 13, 2011

ThoughtsthoUGHTSTHOUGHTSgetOUTofmybrain


So, life. Life. Life is fun. Life is funny.

I just wrote a bunch of stuff about being grown up, and then I got bored with it. I've heard that to be a good writer, you have to be willing to throw a good majority of your writing out.

This blog is a good example. There are really only a handful of posts that I really love.

My mind goes a million miles per minute. I feel sometimes like writing is the only way to just EMPTY it out. I should be sleeping right now, but it just. won't. stop.

VISION. It's hard. Life right now. Elementary school: next step, junior high. Junior high: next step, high school. High school: next step, college. College: next step, graduation/job. Graduation/job: next step...

wait

Umm

What do I do with my life now? What do I work towards?

I mean sure, there's grad school. Or having babies. Or getting really rich.

It's kind of scary when you don't have a next step. Not scary in a oh-my-gosh-what-am-i-gonna-do-now kind of a way (though it was that kind of scary for a while), but scary in a oh-my-gosh-please-don't-let-me-stop-progressing-and-learning-and-being-an-interesting-person kind of way. It would be easy to just

become

complacent.

So, I'm going to live life fully.

What good is your life

if it doesn't affect anyone else's?

2 comments:

  1. Can I PLEASE be a part of your fulfilled life? :-) I suggest more dinners and deep discussions. Like fo real. Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete