Friday, January 21, 2011

Guess who's back?

I know, I know.

It's about time.

Well, I'll skip the paragraph-long introduction that includes how SORRY I am for not writing in so long and how I really should have been posting more regularly and just how bad I feel... (well, I tried)

Anyway, I have started a new job!! Hurrah!!! I am so excited, that I am going to turn this blog post into a list. Who doesn't love lists?

Things that I like about being a full-time BYU employee that I never really thought about before:

1. Really cool BYU wardrobe. I know. I'm even excited about going to the mall and buying khaki pants. Who knew.


2. Lunch breaks. I don't know if y'all knew this, but it usually takes less than an hour to eat lunch. That means I get to eat lunch and sometimes even sneak in a nap. Or an episode of 30 Rock.

3. Parking in faculty/staff parking. I have been tortured by FOUR LONG YEARS by the "A" parking lots. I never thought the day would come where I could station my very own 1997 Isuzu Rodeo with the squeaky fan belt among such an elite fleet of employee cars. I will admit, I was still a little scared the first few days. Despite my scarred past with BYU Parking, however, I have been able to overcome my fears and fully embrace my parking privileges.

4. Benefits. Need I say more? Before this job, I thought a 401(k) was some kind of marathon or something.

5. My very own desk. And computer. With a password. I can put my post-it notes wherever I want. And I don't have to worry about some other random employee putting a weird cat background on my computer.

6. Being in Provo. I'm not trying to be sarcastic here. I am really really trying to be positive, promise. Though it has been a challenge, three things have made living in Provo still bearable: cheap housing costs, great friends, and proximity to Idaho (not necessarily in that order). There are definitely worse places to live.

7. Last, but not least, NO HOMEWORK!!!! Granted, this also means less Facebook and blogging time. I know you're thinking that doesn't really make sense, but let me explain. As I have begun this full-time job, I have noticed a significant decrease in both my Facebook and blogging activity. Why? Because I don't need to distract myself from doing homework! Hahaha. I'm not too worried about the Facebook thing, but I'll get back on the wagon with blogging. Because I really do love it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm soooo glad you're loving your new job - and blogging again! Welcome back :-)

    ReplyDelete