Saturday, May 2, 2009

Those Who Don't Try Never Look Foolish

Yes, I am borrowing my title from the extremely popular musical "Wicked." Could it be because I went and saw it last week and still can't get the words out of my mind... who can say? At any rate, there are a lot of good quotes from that musical. I'm wondering if President Monson will quote it also at the next general conference... I'm sure he enjoyed it, anyway.

SO.......................................... about MEXICO. So, I guess the swine flu decided to become an epidemic and ruin my summer vacation/study abroad. Not that I'm bitter. So now I'm trying to figure out what to do for the next 7 weeks. I contemplated using my plane ticket to go somewhere almost equally as fun like Europe or Hawaii... but the idea of traveling by myself didn't sound that fun... or safe. Then I got the idea of going and living with one of my very very best friends (Miss Kaci Trujillo) in California. This has a lot of perks:
1. Living 5 minutes away from the beach
2. I can still practice my espanol
3. AND eat delicious Mexican food
4. I mean, it's practically Mexico, right?
5. I get to live with Kaci Trujillo (the most funnest amazingest girl ever)
6. I can use incorrect grammar (as demonstrated in #5) and get away with it, as I won't be in school. I don't got nothin' to worry about if I ain't in school, right?
7. I'm going to be 5 minutes away from the beach... did I mention that?
8. Sweet tan
9. California boys
10. California Dreamin'
11. Hotel California
12. Dani California
13. Do you know the way to San Jose?
14. I left my heart in San Francisco
15. Yes, I'm listing random songs about California now. I figure if a state has so many songs written about it, it has to be cool, right? (That's my rationale with Texas also.)

Back to "those who don't try never look foolish." That's my new creed... well, not actually. It's more like an anti-creed. Sometimes I think that I don't want to try new things like writing a book because it might be bad, or people won't like it, or whatever. That's a dumb reason not to try something. As we learned from "Meet the Robinson's," you can celebrate failure as a learning experience (also, don't do drugs... or if you do, go into Disney animation). So my plan is to write something that is just as or more popular than Twilight (I'm starting with small goals, and working my way up). However, I want it to actually have depth and meaning and help people become better... or something equally as idealistic. I don't know if that's possible. I'll try though (and perhaps look foolish).

No comments:

Post a Comment