Friday, April 29, 2016

rain

















Yesterday morning it was raining.

I've tried (not that hard) to be one of those people who likes rain. One of those people who doesn't grumble the entire time her glasses are getting speckled with raindrops while simultaneously fogging up. One of those people who loves it when she forgets to wear the right shoes and has wet socks all day. Yay, rain!

However, I am reading a book that suggests looking for the good in everything - to find at least one reason to be grateful for everything. 

So I tried with the rain.

I gave him a chance (I don't know why he's masculine - just go with it).

I didn't want to go with the OBVIOUS reason of it doing something like helping the earth, cause that's too easy right? 

So, with that reason aside, the next one I came up with was "Hey, this means fewer people will want to make the trek across campus to go to the lunchtime yoga class!" Good job, Anna. That's the yoga spirit. Wouldn't want other people cramping your zen.

I tried to come up with a few others (I get to wear boots..??) and finally came back to the earth-helping qualities of rain. I looked around at the lush greenery on GW campus, breathed in the fresh-smelling rainy air, and just accepted the rain and the good that it was offering. 

I also made my confession in said yoga class, and luckily no one (outwardly) judged me. One girl even suggested, "Just think of this - the rain helps you to appreciate the sunshine."

I guess having other people in your yoga class isn't so bad.




No comments:

Post a Comment