Saturday, November 20, 2010

Harry Potter LIVE


There we are, Ashley and I, nestled nicely into our movie theater seats, when he enters the theater.

"Muggles of Theater 7!!" he cries. He is dressed in a black robe that drapes to the floor. "I am here in your theater representing the students of Slytherin. Is there a wizard out there brave enough to face me in a DUEL?" He says, and raises his wand.

SERIOUSLY??!!!! I think. Is this REALLY happening to me? I must be dreaming. Because this is seriously like a dream come true.

"Is there NO ONE?" he cries, continuing to point his wand out towards the audience. Finally, a wizard dressed as a Muggle steps forward.


I actually started videotaping at this point. The video isn't super good, but you can kind of see them dueling. The duel consisted mostly of "petrificus totallus" and "expelliarmus," but there is one point at the end where our wizard friend got creative and used "lumos" on him... apparently blinding him with light? The best part about that spell was that the kid took out his phone and flashed the light in his own face... oh man. Maybe you had to be there. As you can see from the video, the audience was thoroughly enjoying this very surreal performance:

[I couldn't get the video to load on Blogger, so check it out on YouTube]

At the end of this video, they chase each other around the theater and finally give up. I then hear someone in front of me yell out "VOLDEMORT!" and a large man with a long black robe, bald head, and pasty white skin stands up. "Voldemort!" more people begin to yell, and he goes after this young, pretentious wizard. There were some "avada kedavras" exchanged, but don't worry, no one really died.


Then a chant starts to come from behind me. "Hagrid," I hear softly, a few rows back. "Hagrid!" It starts to get louder. "HAGRID, HAGRID, HAGRID!" it echoes as the whole theater begins to chime in. I look back and all of the sudden, a monstrous man in a long brown trenchcoat and bushy hair stands up.


"It's Hagrid!" I turn and exclaim to Ashley, who's just as excited as I am. Hagrid begins to walk towards our little wizard friend, and he just begins to run. There is more chasing around the theater, and, as you might imagine, Hagrid catches up with the wizard and defeats him. I guess You-Know-Who isn't the most powerful one around any MORE!

The wizard, defeated, returns to the front of the theater. "If you wish to find me, I shall be in Theater 9 the rest of the night!" he says and races out the door, but not before the applause begins to roar.

Okay though SERIOUSLY... that might have been better than the movie itself. I love it when crazy stuff like that happens. I was just sitting in a boring movie theater, minding my own business, and BAM I enter the world of Hogwarts. Bless that crazy little wizard man's soul.

P.S. This is my official record for most blog posts written in one month. AND IT'S ONLY THE 20th!!! New realization... more stress=more blogging

P.P.S. The Harry Potter theme music doesn't sound the same when you try to do it with your car horn. Just random information, not speaking from experience or anything...

1 comment:

  1. BEST NIGHT EVER!!!! haha! So glad you were with me! ps I'm really glad I made it into your blog. I'm honored :-)

    ReplyDelete