Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blogging pays off, literally.

Okay, I just want everyone to take a second to appreciate how clever that title is. Sometimes I'm more proud of my blog post titles than the actual posts. Maybe I should just start writing titles instead of posts.

Well, today was the career fair my friends. I totally forgot about it and chose TODAY of all days to show up to school in sweats. Haha. Luckily one of my classes was canceled so I ran home and put on some more professional-looking attire (though I did consider telling prospective employers things such as, "Can't you hire me for who I am on the inside?" or "Nice clothes are just a cover-up for inadequacy" or... something along those lines).

Anyway, my POINT is that I was talking to one of the recruiters for a company that was looking for writers. Naturally I was drawn to her. She asked for a resume and I gladly handed it over. Then she told me they liked to see if people keep blogs so they can kind of get a sample of their writing. So I jotted down my blog address.

I realize now this blog could be read by future employers. Will it change the way I write? NO! (Okay, it probably will.) Maybe I won't ramble on so much about stuff that really doesn't matter all that much and no one really wants to ever read about ever ever in their whole life and gets tired of reading and starts skimming to the bottom right about now... Oh wait, there I go again.

Big, bad corporate world... here I come!


And... maybe someday... I will even get my dream job. As in, someone will pay me to do this.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is really cool.
    One thing I have found about blogs is there is so much depth to people that there really isn't an opportunity to experience any other way due to everyone being overly busy.

    I hope your writing (blog or otherwise) lands you an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete