Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Nothing like a little boost of confidence

Okay, today was a self-esteem booster for 2 reasons.

1. A girl in my creative writing class asked me if anyone ever told me I looked like Giselle from Enchanted. I said no, but that it was my new favorite compliment. I may project that image as I feel like my childhood fantasy is to become every Disney princess in one... and Giselle is just that... but I'm not sure we REALLY look alike. That's okay, it still made my day.





2. THEY LIKED MY POEMS! THEY ACTUALLY LIKED MY POEMS! Last week I left a little depressed because we only got to read one poem and no one really liked mine (including me, but then again I'm pretty harsh on all of them). This week though, my group seriously loved my poems. They are posted at my new blog specifically for my writing (it's invite-only, so let me know if you want to be invited). Anyway, it made me have some more confidence in my writing poems... even though it's not particularly my favorite genre, at least I know I'm not completely incompetent.

4 comments:

  1. That's it Giselle for Halloween!
    We just need the right wig!
    I LOVED your poems!
    (always have, but these were particularly great)
    Thanks for the invite, now I can finally comment, I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna! I think you do look like Giselle!!! I would love to be invited to your poem blog --PLEASE! Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you put those photos, I can totally see it. I can't think of anyone cuter to look like than her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A look alike indeed! I would like a blog invite so I too can partake of these poems. YAY!

    ReplyDelete