Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Vegas, pt. 1

Okay, so my Las Vegas trip merits more than one post. I will start by relaying my disaster day. And I will do it using lots of pictures. I love pictures. My disaster day was Friday. I told Emily that it was one of those days where it's just a test to see if you will be patient through everything. I believe I passed. So, here goes:

1. I woke up early to go with Emily to work. It started out well. We made it safely to her workplace, I met her co-workers, and she printed off a map of the strip for me, so I could explore a bit.

2. I started off on the strip. At first, I was a little nervous. I mean, the Las Vegas strip. Kind of scary, right? Not so much, it turns out. Though I did get to see a bum sleeping on the side of a bridge. It actually made me kind of sad.


3. I ate crepes. At a creperie. In Paris.


4. I know this isn't sounding that bad yet. Hindsight is 20/20.

5. I was getting kind of tired after walking around for a few hours, and decided to take a break and visit the Las Vegas temple. I've always wanted to go! I used Emily's little GPS guy and made it quite easily to the temple. And, I started getting cocky. This getting around Vegas thing isn't so hard after all!


6. So, I was still feeling a little tired after the temple, and decided to head back to Emily's house for a little rest and freshening up before our night out on the town. I got out the handy dandy GPS, and punched in her address, trusting that it would easily lead me to her house. Never trust in the arm of flesh! I made it to the general area of her house, after fighting through lots of Vegas traffic, and then I was lost. The GPS kept telling me to turn onto a street that didn't exist. And all the houses look alike, so I couldn't even tell where I was. I suppose I could have called Emily, but for some reason this didn't occur to me at the time. I drove around for about half an hour, until I finally found the original directions Emily gave me to get to her house and made it from there. Home at last (and thoroughly dehydrated, I might add. It's hot in Vegas!)

7. I pull into the garage, go to open the door and realize... it's locked. And I don't have a key. At this point I can get mad, or I can... go to Target. I choose the latter.


8. Two things I needed to do at Target: get refreshment and eye drops for my super dry contacts. Easy enough. And, I love target. If anything will soothe my nerves, it's shopping. So I spend some time perusing through the toiletries, and then on my way out I decide on a nice ice cold icee to drink on the way back to Vegas. I love the cherry icee, but, as fate would have it, it does not love me. I spilled it all over my white shirt. Why don't I learn not to wear white?


9. Okay, so, I have two options again. Get upset about going out to dinner looking like a ragamuffin, or buy a new shirt. Not a hard decision. I go back in to look for a new shirt, and they don't really have anything. So I end up buying a new dress. AND I found a $25 Target gift certificate in my purse. SCORE! I ended up buying matching earrings too.

10. I make it back to Vegas (barely) alive. The traffic on a Friday afternoon is not so friendly, and I nearly died several times. I got lost getting back to Emily's work too, but miraculously I made it back to the parking garage. And there I almost died again, as people were zooming around the corners trying to get out of there.

11. Needless to say, I was more than happy to sit back and let Emily take the wheel at that point. Moral of the story: If you don't get mad, you get a new dress.

2 comments:

  1. this creates all kinds of motivation to stop getting so angry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the moral of the story a lot; next time I'll hold my temper and hold out for a new dress! Question: do matching shoes come with the new dress?

    ReplyDelete